This year golden globes prediction will be going much tougher as too many good contenders are there in every category. It seems that The Crown and Schitt’s Creek lead the TV nominations But, we are busy in guessing with all the possible winners for golden globes for every section.
If we talk about nods for revenge thriller, the nominations are quite surprising, The nominations are The Trial of Chicago 7 with five nods, Netflix’s Mank with six nods and Promising Young Woman with four nods. As per the prediction Chloé Zhao’s BNomadland could be the favorite contender to win best picture in drama. It creates more questions in our mind about Marvel ensemble Eternals (arriving at the end of the year) and Olivia Colman-starring The Father.
Likewise Best TV series would also have some predictions for the serials Ozark, Ratched, Lovecraft Country and The Mandalorian. Ratched would get the best reception in sci-fi with the mail competitors Ozark with four nods and Crown with five nods.
Let’s take a close look at predicting some of the major Golden Globes winners for 2021, we’ll find out on Feb. 28.
Best motion picture, drama
- Mank- second in the possibility
- The Father
- Nomadland — high possibility
- Promising Young Woman
- The Trial of the Chicago 7
As Nomadland has already been awarded at Venice and Toronto with its best actress nod for lead Frances McDormand, plus best director and best screenplay for Chloé Zhao, the movie could go for best picture . Other than this David Fincher’s Mank is right behind it and leads overall nominations with six nods.
Best actress in a motion picture, drama
- Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
- Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
- Frances McDormand, Nomadland — high possibility
- Andra Day, The United States vs. Billie Holiday
- Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom — second in possibility
This race is going between Viola Davis and Frances McDormand. McDormand is bagging critics awards for her performance as a woman who has shown exceptional good skills but Davis is still a hot favorite, for her tour-de-force performance as legendary blues singer Ma Rainey.
Best actor in a motion picture, drama
- Gary Oldman, Mank – second in possibility
- Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom — high possibility
- Anthony Hopkins, The Father – second in possibility
- Tahar Rahim, The Mauritanian
- Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
It is looking like an obvious win for Charewick Boseman for his performance as a hot-heated trumpeter. Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins are also the competitors but they will probably finish second.
Best motion picture, musical or comedy
- Borat Subsequent Movie film
- Palm Springs — the high possibility
- The Prom — second in the possibility
Many of us will not be going with us when we say The prom will go second. Absolutely James Cordon’s flamboyant performance has no replacement and option but Palm Springs could take more chances of grabbing the crown. Palm Springs is a time travel rom-com and has the perfect eligibility to take the Gold statue.
Best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy
- Rosamund Pike, I Care a Lot
- Maria Bakalova, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm — the high possibility
- Kate Hudson, Music
- Anya Taylor-Joy, Emma — second in the possibility
This category is anyone’s game. Rosamund Pike has played good as a con artist as Marla Grayson from I Care a Lot but Maria Bakalova as Borat’s teenage daughter has captured a; eyes for her very matured good acting. Although we are quite confirmed with Maria Bakalova but Anya Taylor-Joy, could be the second.
Best actor in a motion picture, musical or comedy
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton — the high possibility
- James Corden, The Prom
- Sacha Baron Cohen, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm — second in the possibility
- Dev Patel, The Personal History of David Copperfield
- Andy Samberg, Palm Springs
Lin-Manuel Miranda has a huge chance of earning good recognition for his momentous Broadway musical for Hamilton. But Sacha Baron Cohen might just compete with his very different creation.
Best TV series, musical or comedy
- Emily in Paris
- The Flight Attendant- second in the possibility
- The Great
- Schitt’s Creek — second in the possibility
- Ted Lasso — the high possibility
It is really tough between Schitt’s Creek and Ted Lasso, but the performance at the Emmys, it would be a golden globe for Ted Lasso. Ted Lasso would receive the award in this category. the compulsive thriller-comedy The Flight Attendant also keeps a thin chance here.
Best limited series or TV movie
- Normal People
- The Queen’s Gambit — the high possibility
- Small Axe
- The Undoing- second in the possibility
The Queen’s Gambit should win an award for increasing the popularity of chess alone. This a treat to eye series with a fabulous acting showcase by Anya Taylor-Joy. The tremendous hit at Netflix makes it a deserved winner
Best actress in a limited series or TV movie
- Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America
- Daisy Edgar-Jones, Normal People
- Shira Haas, Unorthodox
- Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
- Anya Taylor-Joy, The Queen’s Gambit – the high possibility
Best actor in a limited series or TV movie
- Bryan Cranston, Your Honor
- Jeff Daniels, The Comey Rulev- the high possibility
- Hugh Grant, The Undoing
- Ethan Hawke, The Good Lord Bird
- Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True
The golden globes 2021 winner prediction could be changed when the winner will be announced on the dice. The golden globes are known for the surprises. No more time to wait for the final eve, its time to stay put and wait for the very date when the name will be renowned to fame of golden globes 2021.